Hello and welcome back to the blog!
I took every step I could to have a relaxing and slow holiday season. That is part of what explains my prolonged absence from social media. I must say I am considering making it a permanent thing. So, be sure to sign up for e-mail updates to stay connected. After two years of running this website, I finally figured out how to send them!
To go straight to the recipe for Soft and Cheesy Scrambled eggs, click here.
Also, after 30 years of not liking eggs, as I stated in my Sous vide egg bites post, I have come to really enjoy them.
I have to credit my husband with introducing me to soft, cheesy, silky scrambled eggs that changed my mind and perception of eggs. He is the kind of person that does an amazing job of learning whatever he decides to learn. So, when he decided to learn how to scramble eggs properly, he watched a bunch of videos, read a bunch of articles, and practiced a ton. I wish I had that kind of determinations and patience! Before he made me scrambled eggs this way (THE way), I thought it looked like this: break them in a pan, mix at some point. Serve. I guess it makes sense now why I didn’t like them.
Whether you have always liked scrambled eggs or like me, are considering trying them, I highly recommend trying soft scrambled eggs, with lots of cheese. You can mix in your favorite meats as well.
Soft and Cheesy Scrambled Eggs
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 Tb butter or ghee
- 2 Tb heavy cream
- pinch salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Swiss cheese, to taste White Cheddar is a great alternative
- green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat butter or ghee over low heat in a non stick skillet.
- In a bowl, mix eggs with heavy cream and a pinch of salt.
- Once butter is melted, add egg mixture to the skillet.
- The key to soft scrambled eggs is to mix very often and to not let it stick to the bottom.If at any point you notice eggs sticking or steaming, remove from heat and mix well. Once the pan is cooled a little, move it back on the burner and lower the heat.You can add more heat if it looks like they are cooking too slow, but monitor it closely and mix continuously.
- Keep stirring until the eggs start coming together and there are no runny parts left. Remove from heat, top with freshly grated cheese and mix well.
- Top with more cheese, green onions, and season to taste, if desired.Serve immediately.