Hello and welcome back!
Recently, I analyzed my website’s content and realized that I didn’t have a whole lot of breakfast recipes. Which is ironic, because I absolutely love breakfast – homemade breakfast. Whether it’s a brunch style quiche with all the fixings, or something as simple as yogurt – I enjoy making and eating breakfast. Time permitting, breakfast is one of the easiest ways to save money on food.
To go straight to the recipe for Avocado Bacon Toast with Tomato, click here.
It is fun to go out for brunch from time to time, but unlike dinner menu items – breakfast and brunch foods are, for the most part, very basic. Of course there are exceptions, but it can still be a shocking price for something as simple as avocado toast.
Another reason for me would be the amount. I don’t know about you, but I always end up craving more avocado, whether it’s on toast or in the form of guacamole. So, to sum up the financial aspect of this recipe – it is very much worth it to learn to make it yourself!
It costs a lot less, and you can go for seconds without spending another $10-$15.
“Avocado Bacon Toast with Tomato” Recipe Notes
You can use whatever bread you like! That’s the beauty of it 🙂 I don’t have a toaster, so I use my oven’s broiler on high for about 3 minutes. Also, my personal preference is to toast it one side only. That way you still get a nice, warm, soft bread on the bottom and a crunchy top.
There are different varieties of avocado available. My only concern is the ripeness of it. I prefer to buy a bag of avocados that are still underripe and feel hard and then let them ripen at room temperature. They ripen at a different rate and you can pick the one that is at its best.
I have recommended Peter Luger bacon a lot of times before, and here it is again. You can use any brand you like.
I prefer the tiniest tomatoes halved and placed on the toast. You can also quarter cherry or grape tomatoes. If you have bigger ones (such as heirloom, or Roma, or beefsteak), you can still use them – just cut them in smaller bite sized pieces and place them on top of the avocado.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and that you are now more confident in treating yourself to Avocado Toast at home! I would love to see how it turned out for you! Let me know in the comment section. If you have any questions or feedback on this or any of my other recipes, you can find me on Instagram (@babushkacooking), Facebook (Babushka Cooking), or e-mail me at email@example.com
From Kitchen, with Love –
Avocado Bacon Toast with Tomato
- 1 slice bread of your choice
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 slice bacon, cooked and finely chopped *see notes
- 3-5 small tomatoes, rinsed and cut in halves or quarters
- drizzle of olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook the bacon according to the instructions below (see Notes).
- Toast the bread with either– toaster– oven (broil on High for 3 minutes)
- I prefer to toast one side only – the toasted part that will be topped with the avocado.
- While the bread is toasting, carefully remove half of avocado from its skin with a spoon and place on a cutting board.
- Mash it on the cutting board using a fork.
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Mix with the fork again.
- Using a knife, scrape the board and smear avocado on top of the toast.
- Top with crumbled bacon and tomatoes.
- If desired, top with more olive oil and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!